Postponing an auction sale property

I just subscribed to ForeclosureRadar last night and learned that a preforeclosure property I was researching for a client to purchase is going to auction October 6th. With less than 5 business days left, is there anything I can do?

Sorry for not responding earlier… if you were looking to purchase as a short sale it is likely too late, though you could try to contact the trustee and ask them if the lender would consider postponing to consider a short sale offer.

If you just need more time to prepare to purchase at auction you could also call the trustee and indicate your clients interest and ask that they postpone for a few days.

Neither of these will likely make a difference, but they occasionally do. At this point it may be best to let it go to auction and then purchase it from the bank or investor that ends up with it after the sale.