PropertyRadar Community


I was the trustee on a deed of trust that was paid of 5 years ago. The benficiary just found out and did a substition of trustee and field a default. As the original trustee and I hold the original note and deed oftrust, can I record the reconveyance now two days after the beneficiary did the sub and notice of default?

Hi Carl,
Since you are no longer the trustee you cannot file the reconveyance. It sounds like there is something fishy going on. If you held the original note and it was paid off 5 years ago why did you not return this to the borrower marked paid in full and then file the reconveyance? If this is an attempt to collect on the loan after it was paid off you may want to contact the homeowner with this information.