I have personally gone to the county recorder’s office to research a property that I’m interested in purchasing at an auction, however I am a little bit confused regarding the fictitious deed of trust, subordination agreement, and amended deed of trust.
- Document 3987 is a Fictitious Deed of Trust recorded on 9/5/1995, which is a blank document.
- Document 0393 is a Deed of Trust with BofA recorded on 4/22/1997 for $25,000 (This document was a short form deed of trust which used the Fictitious Deed of Trust as reference).
- Document 5985’s Deed of Trust with TNFC recorded on 06/16/1998 for $227,150.
- Document 5984 is a Subordination Agreement to make Document 0393 junior to Document 5985:
- However, Document 8257 is an amended deed of trust that increased Document 0393’s credit increase from $25,000 to $100,000.
- The loan being auctioned is Document 5985 for $227,150.
If number 4 is correct, would that make Document 5985 the most senior loan regardless of the fictitious deed of trust or amended deed of trust? Or does the amended deed of trust affect the seniority of the loan from Document 0393? OR does the fictitious deed of trust impact any of these issues? I really don’t want to bid for the $227k loan knowing that the newly-100k loan is more senior.
Thank you all; I greatly appreciate your help and response!