Sundae.com has been making headlines of late. They just raised $36 million after raising $16 million earlier this year. While ibuyer brands focus more on the easy stuff with less rehab, Sundae is positioning itself as more of a competitor to the We Buy Ugly Houses/Homevestor brand and that of Main Street Investors.
Unlike the ibuyer letter we posted, this adds the local Realtor presence. I like the addition of the picture as it’s far more personal and less corporate. Right off the bat, you see this is a local with a localized number highlighted at the top and in handwriting on the bottom.
I’ve always been taught to do the signature in blue but I have a feeling this was a strategic move. Sundae the brand is the star of the show. The eye is drawn to the following:
- Picture of agent
- Localized number highlighted in yellow
- Bold text on “highest possible offer” as well as the explanation of offer being based on after repair value (interesting twist)
- $10,000 cash advance instead of we pay cash for the deal. Interesting twist.
- The other benefits we all market (less stress, you’re in control, fast close. etc)
- Free home assessment
- Handwritten signature with the phone number close by
This was sent to an absentee owner in Sacramento so their marketing lists are targeting investors as well as homeowners. Notice there is no mention of a website or email. The call to action is to call.