Sean, is there a service that researches what liens / judgements etc exist on a property?

Sean, is there a service that researches what liens / judgements etc exist on a property? Is this the title company? If you are interested in buying a property at the court house what research steps should you take prior to bidding

I am really interested in finding out about this too,
of course I am hoping for inexpensive/free service to find out about this. Please reply

You can do this yourself at the county recorders office, by doing a name search of the grantee/grantor index. The risks of getting this wrong are pretty steep. I’d suggest searching online for information on “abstracting title”. We will be providing an overview in the future, and you will find some tips by browsing past forum topics here.

You can also hire abstractors to do this for you. Either directly, or through a title company. Note that even title companies make mistakes… which is the reason why there is title insurance.

We will try to offer more on this in the future.

Need more info on above sooner than later!

X2 More information on doing my own title research or abstracting would help a lot.

Thanks
Bret

There is X10 more on the subject throughout this forum. For right now that’s the best I can do.

Some additional information on this topic can be found in PropertyRadar’s Guides at? www.propertyradar.com/guides. ?Particularly at? www.propertyradar.com/guides/real-estate-investing/analyzing. ?As Sean mentions though, there’s a great wealth of information within the Forum so certainly take advantage of all the specific cases and personal experiences included here.