Washington vs. California

I have bought somewhere in the range of 500-800 deals at the steps in California over the last 4 years, but i recently ventured up into the state of Washington. We bought one last week and my question is this:

What time frame do i need to get the trustee’s deed recorded? in CA we make sure they get recorded within 15 days of the trustee sale. is there a formula like that in Washington? I would really love some help from anyone who has dealt with Washington before, because just reading thru the Washington page on Radar’s website is making my head numb!

Thanks!

Brent

ha, actually i just found it plain as day on the Washington page. looks like same 15 day window.

please if anyone knows i am incorrect, correct me. thanks!

GOOD

2924(h)c of the Ca. Civil Code refers to the “15 days” you guys are talking about. The idea at the time it was passed about 10-15 years ago was to try and get around being tied up by a bk. filed right after the sale. It has always been questionable whether a state law can over-ride Federal law.
Each state, whether judicial or non-judicial fcl. - has its own rules. This particular rule is rather meaningless.

I mainly have bought in Ca. over the decades. I did buy in Wa. for a year or two. Don’t know about the last 4 or 5 years, but before that, fcl. sales were always on Fridays.
I never have known what diff. it made, anywhere, when the Deed recorded - unless you need to do so to get possession by filing a UD action. In the few properties I wasn’t going to market right away, I often would hold up recording - sometimes for a couple years or more.