I’m curious how much research folks usually do before deciding to bid on a foreclosure auction property.
- run prelim title report or do similar research at county recorder
- just trust foreclosureradar on title info
- talk to occupants to determine owner/renter status, amounts owed on senior liens, etc.
- look up any remodeling/permits at the local city hall
- drive by house and maybe attempt to walk around the exterior
- just google the street view
My observation is that given the low percentage of houses that have NTS that are actually being auctioned off, you could spend a lot of time/effort/money on the above, researching houses have have NTS but may never actually get sold. Thoughts?