Market Data: Rent - to - Value (Heatmap)

Hello all !

I know that the value section for the property data tab can show both “market value” and “market rent”… My question is - is there a way to set up a “heatmap” or a good search criteria in order to get a map view that will show rent/value ratios?

I know there is an age old debate on the topic of whether or not rent/value should be a key metric when arguments flair over midwest for high appreciation markets - so need need to get into a debate on this post :wink:

@Aaron_Norris - do you think it would be valuable/useful to setup a heatmap function that can show this ratio?

Cheers!

1 Like

Mike - this is a great idea. I’ve recently started saying that rents in CA may be the lowest in the nation… as a function of home prices. This heatmap would show that quite clearly. Love it.

1 Like

Hi @Mike_Robb, I know several investors that use this when looking at rentals. I started typing this response yesterday and got distracted with the podcast for today. Check out Sean’s comment today when it goes live: Trustee Sale Investing After SB1079 with Greg Clark, Green Leaf Properties #ddre28 - YouTube

@Sean_OToole and @aaronnorris - Thanks for the feedback. The podcast was a great interview and I did catch the plug for the fact that CA as become one of the lowest rent to value markets in nation.

I live in Ventura County, CA as was starting to crunch numbers to if there were any pockets that presently a slighter better rent/value ration within a few hours of my base market.

Cheers!

1 Like