Get your questions answered on the upcoming show by posting your questions in our community: https://bit.ly/ddre-38
Retrofit1 is a California design and build construction specializing in soft story retrofitting and commercial accessory dwelling units. California ordinances are currently targeting residential and commercial properties with structural designs that don’t do well in large earthquakes. While ADUs are all the rage for residential properties, most don’t know the state allows commercial owners to add additional units on site. This week, we are joined by David Tashroudian and Helen Fower with Retrofit1 to better understand the opportunity, what California law outlines in the rules about commercial ADUs, and ways to find them in your local market.
- How did you discover retrofitting?
- What is retrofitting and why is it important?
- What makes this niche exciting for you?
- What is a commercial ADU?
- How do you use data to identify commercial ADU opportunities?
- Do you use data to identify your ideal customer for commercial ADUs? Is it property driven, people driven, or both?
- How do you connect with your ideal customer?
- How do you use data to beat the competition?
- What other data drives your business?
- What data or information do you wish you had?
- Have an example where lack of data hurt? Helped?
- How has technology changed your business?
- What trends and opportunities are on the horizon?