Spousal/Child Support Judgement

I’ve reviewed this forum (which is great BTW) in regards to spousal/child support judgements. I understand much more as a result. However, I have a question which has not come up…As a buyer at a trustee sale, am I responsible for a senior judgement if the recorded document did not include a dollar amount? All other liens I’ve seen have dollar amounts, and therefore I know what I’m potentially in for. Without a dollar amount provided on spousal/child support judgements, I’m unable to factor in the risk of having to pay.

HI Brian,
If the judgment was filed prior to the Deed of Trust then you would certainly want to try to contact family support to determine the amount of the judgment. If you are unsuccessful you may want to reach out to your local title company for assistance in determining the amount that is owed.