Tried to talk to the ex owner about cash 4 key, the afternoon I bought the house at a trustee sale

This is my first purchase, and would really appreciate any input.
Tried to talk to the ex owner about cash 4 key, the afternoon I bought the house at a trustee sale in California. Relatives in the house told me she, the ex owner isn’t home. So, I left my contact information with the relative, and a message: “I understand you are in a difficult situation, and I am willing to work with you, maybe even offer financial support. Please call me, and we could talk about it”.
A day has gone by, and no one called.
The dilemma I am having is: since I already initiated contact attempt, if I don’t keep up the effort, I worry the ex owner will not take me serious in our future negotiations. However, if I keep trying to talk to the ex owner and keep getting the “she is not home” run around, I don’t know if there is any action I could take, since I don’t have the deed in my hand yet. I worry this might lead them to think I am weak and they don’t need to take me serious.
Some color on the ex owner. She refinanced in 2005 for almost double the purchase price from the mid 90s, and took out a $100k 2nd in 2008. She has not made a payment since late 2009.

You rookies should keep your day job.

The ex-owner is another cock roach living for free off the rest
of us paying our bills

EVICK HER arse