Get your questions answered on the upcoming show by posting your questions in our community: https://bit.ly/ddre-10
Scott Shatford is Founder and CEO of AirDNA.
Scott is an Airbnb pro, author, vocal advocate and industry expert in short-term vacation rentals. Utilizing his 15+ years of experience as a data analyst, Scott created AirDNA to empower entrepreneurs to make the most of the short-term rental market.
- Background in economics? How did data become your thing?
- What dataAirDNA and why did you create it?
- What data is available through AirDNA and where is it sourced?
- What is MarketMinder?
- What is Rentalizer?
- In the three years before Covid, how had the short-term rental industry been changing?
- What are important metrics and KPI in the business?
- What is the consumer expecting in 2020 from a vacation rental and where will they be vacationing?
- The professionalization of the space?
- Do you have any predictions for future short-term rental hotspots?
- How do you think the demographic of the Airbnb host will change?
- How do STR guests compare to regular hotel guests as far as economic impact?
- Short-term rentals have become very political because of the affordable housing issue, how do you use data to help with this conversation (3 Myths for vacation rentals: affordable housing, community safety, regulation/taxes)
- “Experience” and has it ruined everything? Top experience a few years ago was a tee house
- Institutional money in the space?
- Lobbying from the hotel industry. Haven’t they started getting in the space?
- Opportunities in multifamily, apartments, small hotels?
- Trends in coliving, student housing, microliving, ADUs?
- Covid-19 and space. What does the future look like?
- What excited you about the industry moving forward?
- How can technology help in the short-term rental space?
- What excites you about the industry moving forward?
- Predictions about this decade for vacation rentals? What data will you be watching to tell that story?
Articles of Interest
- Airbnb Mastery Session, interview with Scott
- Best Places To Buy A Vacation Rental Home In 2020
- Vacation Rental Management Association - Rental Data
- Anecdotes and Fake News: Using Data to Effectively Communicate In Regulatory Debates