who do i make the cashiers check out to at a trustee sale

i know i need to have either cash or cashier’s check to purchase at a trustee sale. Who do I make the check out to? When going to the bank, they require that I put a recipient of the Cashier’s Check in order to order it.

thank you.

Make it out to your name and then endorse it to the trustee after you win the bid. The auctioneer really wants cashier’s check instead of cash.

Mabel is absolutely correct. The other benefit to making the check out to yourself is that you can easily redeposit the money if you are not the winning bidder. If you are a new investor looking to buy at Trustee Sale you absolutely need to see the video that Sean O’Toole, the Founder of ForeclosureRadar posted on his blog. It walks you through actual footage from a sale and gives you commentary on what to look for and listen to during the sale. Since he has purchased over 150 properties at trustee sale you can count on the info being very valuable. You can see this video by going tohttp://www.foreclosuretruth.com/blog/sean/video-foreclosure-auction-guide/.

I just came back from an auction in which my cashiers check was made out to me was refused by the trustee. Any comment on this?

Thanks!