Growing Your Mortgage Business with Dave Savage #ddre16

Join us Thursday, October 15 at 9 am PDT for the YouTube Premiere of this episode of the Data Driven Real Estate Podcast and chat along with the PropertyRadar team: https://bit.ly/ddre-premier

Get your questions answered on the upcoming show by posting your questions in our community: https://bit.ly/ddre-16

Dave Savage, Founder of Mortgage Coach, has over twenty-seven years of experience as a mortgage executive, business leader, and mobile technology pioneer. As the founder of SmartReply, Dave established a leading presence in mobile marketing. By launching Mortgage Coach, Dave has helped tens of thousands of loan officers and millions of homeowners make confident, informed mortgage decisions. Dave is passionate about leveraging mobile technology to reinvent the home buying experience. Dave is a recognized leader in the mortgage industry for his contributions to improve the professionalism and quality of advice that originators provide homeowners. As a mortgage industry leader, Dave has been a speaker at many major industry events, and before Mortgage Coach, Dave was one of the nation’s top loan originators and President of a national mortgage company.

Main Topics/Questions:

• Introduction to the mortgage industry
  • What is the Mortgage Coach?
  • Where do you lend and what has this year been like?
  • Are lenders worried about the risk premium FHA is thinking about instituting?
  • Who is buying?
  • What do you see ahead for the next year?
  • Why coaching
  • How do you teach your clients to compete with the big Wall Street lenders?
  • What data is key?
  • What kind of training do you see is most needed?
  • What are the biggest mistakes you see these small businesses make?
  • How to mortgage pros position themselves as the hyperlocal expert? Or, is it better to focus on a broader niche?

Links

Good timing. This might help me with a new client.

Zillow and Amazon doing loans? Really? I wasn’t expecting that.

Zillow has been doing loans for about a year. Google I was surprised to hear. Amazon showed their intent to get into real estate via their Turnkey program with Reology but I just found the article with Realogy canceling the program.

“The value proposition of the TurnKey program—which we’ve piloted with Amazon in 15 cities…is all built around in-home services and in-home installation. And so we, together, kind of made the joint decision that we were going to suspend that because…home services that require people being in someone’s home just doesn’t work in a COVID-kind of social distancing world,” said Schneider on the earnings call. “So we really like the TurnKey pilot program, but we ran into this thing that really just cut the core proposition kind of off at the pass.”

Before COVID, I had heard Amazon Home Services was having difficulty getting things installed as part of the program.