I am looking for a Mentor

I have been attending auctions, but I am anxious to make my first purchase. I am looking for someowne to guide me and show me the ropes so that my first transaction is a good one. I don’t want to miss dotting an i or crossing a T. I am also curious what all of these other people are doing at the auctions. Many of the are on the phone. There must be a check list for me to go through before I place a bid on a property.
I am in the Conejo Valley and i am looking at properties from the Conejo Valley up through Ventura and Simi Valley.

Steve, I was looking for help and found it here. The next best thing to a mentor is to 1st search this forum and if you cannot find guidance here, then post a question. Sean and Michelle are very generous with their knowledge. Although I have purchased several properties at auction, I still think of myself as new at this. I live and buy in CA, but not in yoru area so you are not a competitor. So, you can contact me at mauleace@comcast.net and I will try to help if I can. But in the end, it is going to be up to you when the time comes to place a bid.