PropertyRadar Community


If someone is squatting in the house (not the owner or a tenant), what options does the new owner have for getting them out?

  1. Approach the ‘squatter’ and offer them $200 to go away. 1. Call a lawyer and ask the question. Google for a landlord attorney in your area, be polite and respectful when you call, and you can probably get a quick free answer in 5 minutes of how to proceed. 2. It sounds like trespassing if the person has no legal right to be there. If you have a trustee deed in hand, you could call the sheriff, meet him at the house and explain the situation and see what he says. 3. Mostly you should tread lightly if the person has access to the house and the opportunity to vandalize prior to your taking possession.