Get your questions answered on the upcoming show by posting your questions in our community: https://bit.ly/ddre-18
Charles Dougherty is a Vice President and economist with Wells Fargo Securities. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, he covers the commercial real estate, housing, and construction sectors of the U.S. regional and macro economy. He regularly writes indicator reports, produces special commentary, and contributes to the company’s Weekly Economic & Financial Commentary. His commentary on the regional and U.S. economy has been featured in various regional and national media publications, including Bloomberg News and The Washington Post .
Before joining Wells Fargo in 2017, Charlie worked as a regional economist and consultant for IHS Markit and more recently for CertainTeed, one of the largest building product manufacturers in North America. He holds a B.A. and B.S. in economics and finance from the University of Pittsburgh and a M.A. in economics from Temple University in Philadelphia.
- Introduction to the real estate sector
- Wells Fargo and the Insights team information
- Current state of the economy
- How has the economy faired with no additional stimulus during summer? Better or worse than expected?
- Overall health of the economy and how other countries are managing the pandemic
- The “k” recovery for residential vs. commercial
- Many are predicting a large wave of foreclosures in specific commercial sectors
- How have builders responded?
- Any new trends emerge?
- Will working from home stick?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Subscribe to Wells Fargo Economic Emails
- Retail after the pandemic (PDF) – 10/02/2020
- COVID-19 crisis looms large over the apartment market (PDF) – 07/21/2020
- Office market swayed by the COVID-19 crisis (PDF) – 07/15/2020
- Apartment market outlook (PDF) – 11/18/2019
- Commercial real estate chartbook: Q2 (PDF) – 09/15/2020
- Housing chartbook: August 2020 (PDF) – 08/27/2020