Get your questions answered on the upcoming show by posting your questions in our community: https://bit.ly/ddre-23
Tommy Mello is the founder of A1 Garage Doors, a $30 million-plus home service business with over 250 employees in 12 states. He shares what he’s learned at HomeServicesExpert.com to help fellow entrepreneurs scale their businesses. He’s been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, Huff Post, INC. 5000, & Small Business trends. He’s the author of Home Service Millionaire and is a home services advisor and educator.
- Journey into entrepreneurship and your current business ventures
- What keep you motivated to crush it in the homes services space?
- What is home services and what industries are included?
- Home Service Millionaire book, you became a sole owner and took on a business $50k in debt. Can you share why you decided to take that on for yourself?
- What were the most critical issues you tackled that made the biggest impact?
- Is it more important to have the lowest price for the best service? How does that translate on the Internet?
- What data points are customers look at when deciding who they are going to use for a one-time big purchase? Service, quality, cheapest price?
- How is technology to the home services business in 2021?
- If you had to pick one place to invest in technology, where would it be?
- Manual: #1 make sure everyone is doing something the same way, your way.
- What KPIs matter? Where/how are you keeping track?
- 27 training manuals?! Al Levi, 7-power Contractor.
- How important are checklists and manuals is it to have played all the roles in the company?
- CRM: he who has the best data wins. Customer service or enterprise software?
- 8 marketing KPIs, in your experience, which one is the most critical that home services get wrong?
- Are home services too reliant on internet? Is there a way around the middle man?
- Platinum response are table stakes
- What review sites are most critical? Are they as terrible as they once were? Has it changed?
- Your ideal customer: Find out where they hang out and what they want to hear? Explain messaging.
- Branding vs brand
- Favorite marketing channels in 2021
- Top tips getting good reviews online in 2021?
Top tips to get negative reviews offline in 2021?
- Learning from negative reviews. Customized customer service that doesn’t scale?
- How important is it to be seen as a part of the community?
- What is Google Gauranteed? ”Near me” how does that work with voice search?
- What is the industry saying about Amazon home services?
- Life-time value of a customer? What does that mean as a garage door company and what do small companies get wrong?
- What are some outstanding ways you’ve seen companies with big-ticket, long timelines stay in touch with customers?
- Landing pages? Still important?
- Tips for getting people to stop fixating on price (Free door instead of 5% off)
- How do you vet lead gen partners when outsourcing?
- Home shows? Really?
- 8 step sales process
- What challenges has Covid placed on the Home Services sector?
- How do they compete with these larger conglomerates?
- What are some unique marketing strategies you love headed into 2021
- What do you see for 2021?