Get your questions answered on the upcoming show by posting your questions in our community: https://bit.ly/ddre-13
Ellis San Jose is Director at The Note Guys and Group Leader for Real Estate 360. He is a full-time residential and commercial real estate investor with a background in researching, analyzing, acquiring, and managing distressed assets. He also buys distressed debt. He holds a Series 7,63, and 65 licenses and a Certification in Personal Financial Planning. He’s co-founder and leader of For Investors By Investors (FIBI).
Martin Saenz is a Managing Partner of Bequest Funds, a national mortgage investment company. Martin cofounded Bequest Funds with the dual purpose of helping investors grow their wealth and helping mortgage borrowers stay in their homes. Martin owned and operated multiple successful companies prior to launching Bequest. Martin holds a BA degree in Philosophy from U.T. — San Antonio, an MBA from Drexel University, and a M.S. in Project Management from George Washington University.
Intelligent Investors Real Estate Conference 2021 is January 28-31.
- Brief introduction into the journey to notes?
- How has the game changed over the past decade?
- What are metrics you follow in the business?
- What are the misconceptions of note and mortgage buying?
- Where do you source your deals?
- Do you work with owner-occupants and non-owners occupants?
- Do you have a preference?
- What data are you using to access risk?
- What’s more important: people risk or area risk? How do you measure that?
- What makes a great note investment and has it changed? Is it changing now?
- Only buy first position mortgages? Why or why not?
- What is the secret to getting notes reperforming?
- What does your due diligence process look like?
- What are the pros and cons of investing in multiple states?
- Single-note investing vs note tapes?
- Marketing vs reputation building in the space? How do large firms vet you as a buyer?
- Is Covid creating additional layers of risk because of conflict between messaging at the US, state, county and local levels?
- Do you mainly focus on residential, commercial, or other forms of notes?
- What are you buying and what data are you following to know it’s still ok?
- Do you expect to see an increase in distressed debt?
- Layers of risk in? Wall Street in the space? Will they be back?
- What mistakes do you typically see newbies make?
- Is now a good time to consider note investing?
- Are there any data points that have you avoiding specific categories of deals or areas?
- Predictions for the year ahead and the data you’re following