Get your questions answered on the upcoming show by posting your questions in our community: https://bit.ly/ddre-34
Ward Hanigan is a full-time foreclosure specialist and real estate investor based in San Diego County. He brings over 40 years of real estate experience, with a degree in Economics and a Doctorate in Law. He has worked in California’s foreclosure market exclusively since 1982, and as a consequence he has extensive experience finding cash, researching title, handling evictions, rehabbing, reselling, consulting, and is a “one-on-one” trainer and mentor to some of the most successful foreclosure practitioners in the Western United States.
At 80 years old, Ward is still chasing deals and loves what he calls Ding-Bat Rentals. He’s a perfect example of backing into a unique niche that no one else wants, and finds unique ways to attract tenants with an average lease-up of 25 years! He’s also recently discovered accessory dwelling units and he’s got new ideas he’s exploring.
- What keeps you excited about real estate investing?
- How did you discover your niche? What is a Ding-Bat rental?
- Who is your perfect customer and how do you connect to them?
- What are your favorite metrics, sources (internal/external), and how do you use them in your work?
- How do you use data as a competitive advantage?
- What’s your secret to beating the competition?
- What trends/opportunities are on the horizon?
- What tools help grow?
- why section 8 rentals for seniors
- How are you using accessory dwelling units in business?
- What data or information do you wish you had?
- What is your average length of stay for your tenants?